For over a decade that Austrade has had TM1, more than 200 TM1Web templates were made public for users. A maintenance nightmare for any TM1 support team. When it was time to upgrade TM1 to Planning Analytics, this gave the TM1 support team an excellent opportunity to review all TM1Web templates, streamline what was required and build features on the TM1Web application to improve its usability.
Helen Thurley and Kate McCormack presented the lessons learnt and technical tips and tricks for getting the most out of your web-based reports at the Cubewise EDU conference.
Here, they share what they learnt with Jason Tranfield.
- Built a navigation interface for TM1Web that is centrally controlled through a Cube
- Action buttons are great!
- Built the ability for users to favourite reports
- Developed bread-crumbing to hold the past 5 pages accessed by the user
- Utilised shadow cubes to prevent locking
- Over 200 TM1Web users globally