TM1py is a utility that wraps the TM1 REST API with Python which can be utlised to enhance data in TM1 using machine learning or statistics. TM1py is a tool for TM1 Developers built by Marius Wirtz. With his experience on REST API, Marius shares his knowledge on this topic and how you can leverage it.
- REST API is an open standard
- REST API was adopted to open TM1’s features for anyone who would like to build an application to take advantage of the TM1 Server
- An example of a REST API application is TM1py where you can write Python scripts to take advantage of its powerful functions
- TM1 10.2.2 FP5 or newer is required
- Open ID is coming to REST API as another option for security authentication
Recorded at the Cubewise EDU TM1 and Planning Analytics User Conference in Sydney 2019.
Visit Cubewise CODE and make sure you download TM1py to combine the power of Python with TM1.