Dec 4 2019
Tips – From financial planning to narrative reporting – the story of TM1 at Allegis Group
Kate Lu shares her experience on how the web interface, Apliqo UX, improved their budgeting process for Allegis Group, using TM1 as the functional database.
Recently, Allegis added on top of their extensive IBM Planning Analytics/TM1 environment, a new model on Narrative Reporting, a tool used to translate numbers into meaning dialogue for users.
Kate Lu presented on how Apliqo UX improved their budgeting process at the Cubewise EDU conference and here, she recaps her thoughts with Martin Winkler.
- TM1 is used heavily in Finance to handle balance sheet, profit and loss, general ledger, consolidation, budgeting, workforce planning, cost allocation and more
- Apliqo UX allowed tight control for users to input their budget back into TM1 on the web
- Apliqo UX was easy to implement because it didn’t require any rework in TM1
- Setting up the interface on Apliqo UX didn’t require any new skillset due to its drag and drop functionality
- End user support requests to the development team have reduced
Recorded at the Cubewise EDU TM1 and Planning Analytics User Conference in Sydney 2019.