TM1py is a utility that wraps the TM1 REST API with Python which can be utlised to enhance data in TM1 using machine learning or statistics. TM1py is a tool for TM1 Developers built by Marius Wirtz. With his experience on REST API, Marius shares his knowledge on this topic and how you can leverage it.
- REST API is an open standard
- REST API was adopted to open TM1’s features for anyone who would like to build an application to take advantage of the TM1 Server
- An example of a REST API application is TM1py where you can write Python scripts to take advantage of its powerful functions
- TM1 10.2.2 FP5 or newer is required
- Open ID is coming to REST API as another option for security authentication